This is my latest article From the INC. Start Up Blog on the Elevator Pitch in Action :
Last week I wrote about the Elevator Pitch, Reloaded. Today at the Expo, I got a hallway elevator pitch that hit many of the important points in that article. The person didn’t know I was a blogger for Inc., or that I wrote the article. She just gave a passionate pitch that really hit all the points for me, so I thought it’d be worthwhile to show you an example of someone doing it right.
Last Friday, I spent time at American Express talking to the top 25 finalists in the Member’s Project. The Member’s Project is an effort to take top projects that can make a difference in the world, and give them part of $2.5 Million dollars. Anyone who is a card member can vote for their favorite project and the top 5 projects share the money.
I was privileged to speak to the group about how they can use Social Media techniques to get their stories out. Some of my key points were that the the 25 finalists were not trying to get people to read their blogs or join their Facebook groups – that’s an effect. They need people to take action – vote for their project. And, as only cardmembers can vote – they need to make sure that the people who pass on the project stories continue to pass them on *even if they can’t vote.*
The bloggers at the “Help Women and Children Survivors of War Rebuild” reviewed the call.
I’m glad I was able to contribute to these kinds of efforts.
Tomorrow night, all around the country, the We Vote 08 Tweetups are happening. Join WEVote08.com and some top women bloggers at events in 5 cities. RSVP below.
New York: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=25836653564
I hope that you’ll join smart women who are learning about Voter Registration, talking politics and having a great social event.
The E.Factor in Association with NY:MIEG
Present a Special Event:
THE NEW ECONOMY: DO OR DIE
AND THE IMPACT ON OUR MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT AND NEW MEDIA INDUSTRIES
37 West 26th Street
- Herb Scannell CEO of Next New Networks and former President of Nickelodeon Networks and Vice-Chairman of Viacom’s MTVNetworks.
- Rob Prazmark Founder and CEO of 21Marketing and is the former President of IMG Olympics Sales and Sponsorships and now consultant to the United States Olympic Committee
- Tom de Bruyne Managing Director of the Creative Communications and marketing company Boondoggle/Amsterdam.
- Robert Raciti SVP at GE Commercial Finance MCE (Media, Communications & Entertainment)
- Moderator: Howard Greenstein President of the Harbrooke Group and Social Media Strategist and Evangelist
ADMISSION IS $25 FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC…FREE FOR “PAID UP” NY:MIEG MEMBERS AND”BUSINESS CLASS”
AND “FIRST CLASS” E.FACTOR MEMBER
This is the new site of the Harbrooke Group.
This new version of our site is still being created, but we encourage you to email Howard at this domain with any questions.